Visit Plano is currently looking for a paid intern for the summer. If you know of someone who might be interested please tell them to go to: https://www.plano.gov/585/Employment and look for Visit Plano Intern 217183
Visit Plano Intern:
· Maintains leads lists for Visit Plano by obtaining or verifying correct names, titles, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses of listed contacts.
· Assists the staff with research involved with generating bid proposals by obtaining and providing data required (such as available hotels/motels, rooms, facilities, costs, etc.).
· Assists the staff with event and departmental marketing by making phone calls, mailing informational brochures, and recruiting new business to be a part of our Community Partners Program.
· Assists with servicing and event operation needs of Visit Plano specific events by serving as event operations support staff, recruiting volunteers, coupon solicitation, and providing community information to the public.
· Assists with entering, updating, and correcting new client and Community Partner information into the Visit Plano database (iDSS).
· Attends community and industry meetings as a representative of Visit Plano.
· Conducts research/market analysis for Plano sports events.
· Able to prioritize work to meet the demands of the position. The incumbent must evaluate available resources and alternatives for project/assignment completion.
· Collects, compiles, and analyzes data from various sources for a variety of topics related to assigned project and prepares reports.
· Assists professional staff with the development, implementation, evaluation, and improvement of new and existing programs by providing administrative support for completion of special projects.
· May conduct surveys related to assigned area to obtain and analyze; prepares summary reports.
· Attends meetings related to assigned projects.
· Prepares reports and/or presentations regarding the status or completion of assigned projects.
· May respond to citizen requests for information electronically or in person.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· The incumbent prioritizes multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines for milestones and project completion.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Basic principles, practices, and methods of working knowledge of standard office equipment and software used for word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail, and presentations.
· Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing; effective collaboration with others; using standard office equipment including copiers, printers, and computer equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current enrollment in or recent completion of a Bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university.
• Experience working for a public entity is preferred.
Any work-related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Physical Demands and Working Conditions: This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing in work areas and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Employees work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Employees may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required. The position also requires meeting the essential requirements of the Physical Demands and Working Conditions, with or without reasonable accommodation.