Whether you’re looking for part time employment to meet personal needs, or perhaps interested in a future career within the hotel industry, The Towneplace Suites in Las Colinas has an opportunity for you. We are located in Las Colinas off West Walnut Hill Lane and Macarthur Boulevard. We are a 135 room, extended stay property which provides a business casual atmosphere to our loyal guests.
More than anything we are seeking to hire those who take pride in their work. We are quite interested in individuals capable of responding expediently to our guests’ needs in a sincere and genuine way. Even though some work tasks and responsibilities will be conducted on an individual basis, this is very much so a team effort, requiring communication as well as a selfless and helpful demeanor when working alongside your coworkers towards the common goal. Keeping cool under pressure, when the occasional unexpected scenario arises is what this job demands. If these are intangibles which you possess, we would very much so like to speak with you.
Position Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- While representing the hotel at the front desk, you will be accessible to the guests. In this way you are the “face” of the hotel. Therefore, welcoming our guests, conducting conversation, and improving their stay by listening and responding to their needs will be one of the more important aspects of the position.
- Responding to situations as they arise with understanding and tact.
- You will conduct check-ins for our arriving guests, check-outs for those departing. During these interactions, accuracy in areas of payment, room allocation, cash handling, and any other area where guest preference or needs are concerned, will be crucial.
- Answering the phone at the front desk in a polite and professional manner will be necessary. You will be responding to in-house guests as well as outside calls regarding new reservations, confirmation of existing reservations, as well as calls for shuttle pickup.
- The performing of clerical/administrative tasks such as submitting folios(receipts) via fax or email, as well as the setting up of the method of payment for upcoming reservations as needed.
- The stocking and upkeep of Towneplace’s lobby market, “In a Pinch”.
- Showing rooms to perspective guests, as well as personally responding to guest service requests when necessary.
High School Degree or Equivalent Required
Previous hotel experience a plus (Fosse is the property management system in use at this property)
College degree a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Please indicate the best method and time to contact you regarding and interview. Thank you so much for your time, we look forward to speaking with you!